How about combining an overnight stay with an active or relaxing activity? Visitor Centre Leiden regularly offers unique packages. Are you interested in sightseeing with family, friends or colleagues? There a good number of group packages, such as a guided walk to learn all about Leiden's famous wall poems or the popular beer and appetizers canal cruise. All ideal to combine with an overnight stay in one of the city's fine hotels.
The hotels in Leiden and the region regularly offer special theme packages, too.
A Day out in Leiden (Dagje Leiden)
The "A Day out in Leiden" (Dagje Leiden) day tour for individual visitors consists of the following:
- The Leidse Loper city walking tour
- Voucher for a deluxe sandwich
- Voucher for coffee and cake
- Voucher for a cruise and/or
- Voucher for a museum visit
Extra information about the deluxe sandwich:
- "Italian sandwich with carpaccio" at Etablissement Einstein, Nieuwe Rijn 19
- "Club sandwich" at City Hall, Stadhuisplein 3 and Stadscafé Van der Werff, Steenstraat 2
- "Harbor sandwich" at Brasserie de Poort van Leyden, Harbor 100
- "Regular sandwich with various toppings" at Vooraf en toe, Botermarkt 9
- "Pyramid sandwich with ham off the bone and mustard" at Café Diner De Grote Beer, Rembrandtstraat 27
- "Ciabatta pommodori - tomato, pesto and mozzarella sandwich au gratin" at restaurant Grand Café La Gare, Stationsweg 7-9
You will be heartily welcomed for a cup of coffee and cake at:
- Vooraf en Toe, Botermarkt 9
- Brasserie de Poort van Leyden, Haven 100
- Etablissement Einstein, Nieuwe Rijn 19
- City Hall, Stadhuisplein 3
- Stadscafe Van der Werff, Steenstraat 2
- Cafe Diner De Grote Beer, Rembrandtstraat 27
This package for a day in Leiden is available at the Tourist Information Office (VVV) store and costs € 21.00 / € 29.00 (incl. cruise and museum visit). It is valid all year round.
Note: Museums are often closed on Mondays.
Cruises are offered from mid-March through October 31.